Friday, May 26, 2017

Final Reflection

    This year has been a really challenging in Language Arts, and I mean it in a good way. There are many things I learned in Mrs.Larson's class but, three things that stuck out the most were time management, responsibility , and how great your writing is if you really put all your effort into it. In the beginning of the year I didn't realize how important it is when you manage your time because you can accomplish many things. Responsibility is something i was familiar with already, but Mrs.Larson showed me responsibility in a whole different way. And it was mostly through the assignments she gave because I had to make sure I turned in everything on time because she didn't remind us every second of the day. My writing got so much better in this class due to all the amazing techniques, but most of all because I decided to write from the heart when it was needed in my assignments.
      
      Something that we did this year that I will forever remember is the "I Believe" speeches. The reason why is because I felt that we all got to know each other better and in a way we all started sharing a bond with each other. Not only that but I feel like some of the things we shared made us feel better because it was out there. For me personally,I feel like sharing what I shared in my speech has made me feel less weight on me because it was a very sensitive topic.

       The nicest thing someone did for me in this class was the feedback they would give me on my writing. And it wasn't normal feedback, they gave me feed back without making me feel bad about my writing. It just felt like he was helping me and not being negative towards the errors I made.

       Something that I feel like I have taught my classmates, along with my teacher, was the importance of family. And I accomplished this all through writing and putting my heart into it.

       The area that I feel like I've improved the most in is introductions while writing a essay. I wasn't the worst but I just felt like I wasn't writing at the level i wished I was. Currently I am very satisfied with my writing but I know that I can improve even more.

       The most challenging part of this year was research because there are far more steps than just searching up a question on Google. You have to make sure the source is trustworthy, that the information is from current time, and that you give credit to the source when typing it up in your writing.

      The best piece of writing that I've done this year was my "I believe" speech. I feel that it was the best one because I wrote it very sincerely and I think that it was a very touching piece because I know that some students cried when they heard it.

     My favorite book of thus whole year was "The Giver" because i just find it so interesting of what a different society would be like.

      My advice for the next 8th graders is that you guys need to be very responsible when it comes to turning in work. If not your at risk of Mrs. Larson calling your parents in front of the class. Also don't procrastinate with your assignments because this class requires you to always be caught up or else you will fall behind.




No comments:

Post a Comment