Friday, May 26, 2017

"The Perfect Family"

Out of the many beliefs that I carry,  there are only a few that I will forever have with me. I believe in self confidence, respect, wisdom, but most of all I believe in a perfect family. I believe that there is a possible way of having a perfect family. Everyone has in vision of what a perfect family looks like, so yes it is possible.
                                                                                                                                                             What about you? What's your definition of a perfect family? In general, family is a single word with many different meanings. If you were to  search up on Google the definition of family it comes up as “a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household.” But I believe that family is people that you share a bond with, people that are there through thick and thin, and people who will support you and love you wholeheartedly.

I believe in a perfect family. It might not be theoretically possible for people to believe in perfect families, and that's fine, but we should keep in mind that if we feel safe, loved, and happy that already is a perfect family.

My mom was never an ordinary mom while I was growing up. Matter of fact she wasn't much of a mom at all. I had to rely on myself every single day to get my siblings and me through the day since I was 7. And no I don't believe she was the worst mother in the world because at some point she was the best mom anyone could ever have, but realistically she never was truly ready for motherhood. Well since I was still a minor and wasn't supposed to be taking care of two younger kids, in the summer of 2015 a neighbor called DCFS. On a Saturday a social worker knocked at the door, my mom wasn't at home, as usual, I let her in, and as she did an inspection the social worker realized that we were living off eggs and apples. She soon she made me call a relative and if I didn't do so she would have taken us to a foster home. I ended up calling my mom’s brother, my uncle, he came and took us in. We didn't stay with him forever, we were just there until our court case was solved. But in the meantime Him and his family showed me and my siblings how a real family works. They showed me what it feels like to actually have someone else worry about me.                                    
More than anything they showed us what a perfect family is.
                                                                                     
At the end of 2015 my brother and sister were taken into custody by their dad and I stayed half a year with my mom because I thought she might actually change. Eventually I realized that it wasn't happening so I went to go live with my uncle permanently On April 2016.

My mom might not realize it but thanks to her poor actions she's taught me how to be independent, how to be responsible, and more importantly, she's taught me what an unhealthy family looks like. The lesson I learned was that there is a better image of what a family looks like. I have witnessed both a bad and a perfect family, It has opened my mind up more. I definitely feel less pressure on me since I don't have to be taking care of two younger kids. I feel that it has changed me into a better person because I realized that forgiveness exist, although I don't think everyone deserves that privilege. I also come to realize how important it is to have a family because they are the one’s that are there for you when you're going through a hard time.  I know that this experience will help me when I get older, and I decide to have kids on my own. I will do everything in my power to just let my kids be kids.

At times we take for granted the type of family that we have, and like I've said before family doesn't imply having the same genes but having a bond. We don't come to realization that they are one of the people that are there for us unconditionally. we are all able to have someone that cares for us and loves us.

I believe that we all have the opportunity to have a perfect family



No comments:

Post a Comment