Friday, March 31, 2017

3rd quarter Reflection Blog



This quarter has been one of the craziest yet, I've had many ups and downs. I don't think that I did so great in ELA for 3rd quarter. And yeah you would expect a student to have everything together by the end of 3rd quarter. Unfortunately I didn't. I’m pretty sure my grades went down, and I don't think I was focused nor do I think I tried my best. But there is something that I have taken from this experience, and something that I will improve on in the future. I've realized that I need to manage my time to get work done. I also come to realize how to be more focused and be even more responsible so that I don't fall behind like I did this quarter.

 Everything wasn't so bad this quarter, from the blogs that I've recently done I have seen improvements. For example compared to my blogs from August you can tell that I'm doing a better job of organizing my thoughts. Other improvements that I'm very proud of is how easy it is to write in an objective tone when it comes to a topic. It has become like an instinct to not put subjective words such as I, we, and I think. I'm positive this will help me do a better job in debates etc.
 
A goal that I want to accomplish for 4th quarter is to have a better vocabulary when it comes to writing. For instance I don't want to keep using basic words to describe emotions. I also would like my writing to be more meaningful. I want it to have some sort of effect on the reader's thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment